When Anxiety Reigns





Anxiety, as one may have it, is closely depicted in this picture. But I should say this is the faintest representation of what's happening inside.  

You don't have to guess it, I am obviously anxious, unable to sleep, and constantly on edge - the famous flight or fight response as they call it. Over analyzing every situation and drawing all the possible outcomes of an event in a fraction of a second and wanting to type it! All this aptly define my condition at the moment. I usually feel this the exact night before my big exam. I screwed all my important exams with this dear anxious brain of mine. I have thrown years of preparation down the drain with this uncontrollable brain. When I am anxious, I touch my face, and that gives me these acne marks - which are a proof of my state.  

So, sunken eyes, black spots over the face, oil drooling down the cheek, and brain racing so many horses that it ceases to think. This is how I define anxiety. 

Imagine standing in a box. A vertical box that fits a human with 8 cm periphery around. And this box has protruding thick, sharp thorns. You stand comfortably in the box and think you're a genius. But the real twist comes when you realize that the box is in a moving truck! You're up for surprises - imagine your situation. Constantly worrying about what comes next, a turn, a break, a sudden stall, or perhaps the Indian famous - speed breakers? You can neither gear up nor come out of the box.  

So what is the solution for this? 

That is what I really want to avoid. I understand that the normal for the brain is to have good chemicals and happy stuff, but I would want to learn how to live with this new normal of life. 

 

Life happens to us, I get that, and I also get that our response to it is what defines us...

But what is the right response? 

When I learn how to overcome this and give my mind the zenith it needs,
When I know what to do to calm down my anxious nerves,
When I realize how external factors or internal turmoil be processed,
When I do get a real solution,
I will definitely write it out here in my dear blog. 

 

Till then, I am going to eat, sleep and wake up anxious. 

Happy anxiousing to me?????? 

Well, WHATEVER...

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discouragement

Dear Judas, with love

No brains needed...only heart, faith and love